Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

THE JUNCTION & MY 5 MILLION GRAND


FEB. 14, JUST MINUTES BEFORE FEB. 15.
I WAS DRIVING WHEN I CAME TO A FULL STOP.
THERE.
THERE AT THE INTERSECTION WHERE IT HAPPENED.
5 YEARS AGO.
AND I NEVER CROSSED TO THE OTHER SIDE.

DÉJÀ VU HAD ME IMMOBILIZED.
IT'S MORE LIKE FEAR.

I CAN'T THRUST THE BIKE TO LIFE.
I WASN'T ABLE TO TOUCH THE KEY FOR SECONDS.
THERE WAS SHORTNESS OF BREATH.
THERE WAS THIS COLD FEELING, SO I NEVER PERSPIRED.

THERE WAS A TRUCK... REALLY, THERE WAS A TRUCK COMING.
I LITERALLY STEPPED BACK SO I COULD MOVE MYSELF AND THE BIKE I WAS ON, FARTHER AWAY FROM WHERE I STOPPED SO I WONT GET HIT BY FEAR (OOPS..) THE TRUCK OR ANY OTHER VEHICLE THAT WAS APPROACHING.

AND THE HIGHWAY WAS CLEAR.

THE CHIMES OF 7 ELEVEN SOMEHOW SHOOK ME...
IT BROUGHT ME AND THE BIKE I WAS ON TO LIFE.
AND I WAS ABLE TO CROSS THAT JUNCTION.

----------------------------------------------------------------

FEB. 15, 45 MINUTES BEFORE 12 MN.
I WAS THERE, AGAIN.
THERE BEFORE THE INTERSECTION WHERE IT HAPPENED.
5 YEARS AGO.
THE HIGHWAY WAS CLEAR, THOUGH.
YET I STILL CAME TO A FULL STOP.

I MUST.
TO MAKE SURE THAT NO TRUCK WAS APPROACHING.
NO TRIKE OR ANOTHER BIKE OR EVEN PEDESTRIAN.
THERE'S NO TINGLING SOUND FROM THE CONVENIENT STORE'S ENTRY.
JUST ME AND THE BIKE I WAS ON.

AND I WAS ABLE TO CROSS THAT JUNCTION AGAIN
(FROM MY HOME, TO THE OTHER SIDE,
WHERE ME AND THE BIKE I WAS ON
CRASHED DOWN THE ROAD , 5 MILLION YEARS AGO)

 

No comments: