Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

BROTHERS

ME AND MY TWO YOUNGER BROTHERS GREW UP
WITHOUT SEEING OUR FATHER. 
WE NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO TALK TO HIM ABOUT
OUR ASPIRATIONS IN LIFE, 
ADOLESCENT ISSUES AND MANHOOD.

ME AND MY BROTHERS GREW UP TOGETHER. 
MAY BE THEY GREW FASTER THAN I DID. 
OR AS QUICKLY AS I HAD GROWN UP.

I HAD NEVER BEEN A GOOD COUNSELOR TO THEM. 
A YEAR OR TWO AHEAD WOULDN'T EQUIP ME W/ KNOWLEDGE
ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN TO THEM WHAT RESULTS
A WRONG DECISION COULD CAUSE.

I FAILED TO BE A BIG BROTHER, COZ I WAS A BOY MYSELF.

NO ONE WANTS HIS SIBLINGS TO BE IN DANGER. 
AND IT SADDENS ME THAT MY NEGLIGENCE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THEM, 
HAS LED ONE TO HAVE MADE DECISIONS 
DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF A RESPONSIBLE MAN. 
MAYBE BECAUSE I AM IRRESPONSIBLE MYSELF.

I PRAY THAT GOD WOULD SHOWER US ALL WITH WISDOM.
THAT WE MAY ENDURE ALL STRUGGLES ENCLOSED WITH THE MOST WONDERFUL GIFT CALLED "LIFE".

No comments: