Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ESCAPE TRACKED

THIS MORNING I CHECKED MY INBOX AND WAS DISAPPOINTED TO RECEIVE AN E-MAIL TELLING ME THE DOCS WE SENT TO KSA NEVER REACHED THE 'RECIPIENT', WHEN THE COURIER SAID THE PARCEL WAS ALREADY DELIVERED ON THE 16th DAY OF LAST MONTH. IT SAYS IN THE EMAIL THAT WE SHOULD RE-SEND THE SAME DOCS. NICE ONE. I ESCAPED FROM THAT DARN INCIDENCE BY DOZING OFF.

WHEN I GOT HERE, I FOUND SOME MASKS, A HUNDRED AND TWENTY PIECES OF 'EM, WHICH WILL BE USED FOR AN UPCOMING MASQUERADE PARTY. I THOUGHT I'LL GET THE MASKS NEXT WEEK, BUT WITH A BUNCH OF MASKS HERE, IT TELLS ME THAT I SHOULD BE HERE AT THE OFFICE AS EARLY AS 8AM UNTIL SECOND WEEK OF DECEMBER . WHY. COZ I'M IN CHARGE OF THE REGISTRATION OF THE PARTICIPANTS. THEY WILL BE WALKING IN ANYTIME BETWEEN 8AM-5PM. THAT'S COOL. I'LL FIND A WAY TO ESCAPE FROM THAT CRAP.

NOW THAT I RE-VISITED MY INBOX, I BUMPED INTO A LINK WHERE I SAW A DOCUMENT I "PUBLISHED", WHEN I NEVER EVEN UPLOADED IT. ANUBAYUN.

YESTERDAY, SOMEONE FROM ANOTHER DEPARTMENT ASKED ME TO GIVE HER A COPY OF A CONTRACT WE USED 9 MONTHS AGO. I WAS CONFIDENT THAT I DO HAVE A COPY. I WAS ABLE TO HAND HER THE GUIDELINES, AND PROMISED TO GIVE HER THE DOC AS SOON AS I FIND IT (BECAUSE I'M TOO DISAPPOINTED TO LEARN THAT NO SOFT COPY IS IN MY PC, MAYBE IT BECAME ONE OF THOSE UNREKOVERED FILES).
THIS AFTERNOON, SHE REMINDED ME OF THE DOC AND IN LESS THAN A MINUTE I WAS ABLE TO FIND THE FOLDER FOR THAT FEBRUARY EVENT. AS I SCANNED SHEET BY SHEET, I REALIZED I JUST NEVER REALLY HAVE NO COPY OF THE CONTRACT, JUST THE GUIDELINES. HOW MUCH MORE MEMORY WILL ESCAPE FROM THIS RESTLESS BRAIN?

No comments: