Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

DIRTY ME, DIRTY ROD

I'M DONE WITH THE INSTALLATION OF THAT MARKER.
FROM THE OFFICE, I WENT HOME TO LOOK FOR SOMETHING I CAN USE TO DIG THE SOIL WHERE I WILL BURY THE BASES OF THE  MARKER.
I ASKED MAMA IF WE STILL HAVE ONE BARETA DE CABRA (A CROW BAR), SHE SAID WE DON'T HAVE ONE NA. BUT I STILL VISITED OUR BACKYARD AND KEPT ON LOOKING EVEN FOR A STEEL ROD WHICH I CAN BRING WITH ME. I WAS FORTUNATE TO SEE A BARETA DE CABRA, ALTHOUGH THAT'S NOT THE SAME THING I WAS EXPECTING TO SEE. I TOLD YOU, OUR BACKYARD SEEMS TO HAVE EVERYTHING AND CAN BE A SOURCE OF LUCK ;)


THEN I HEADED TO THE WOOD SHOP AND PICKED UP THE MARKER,
AND HEADED TO THE LOCATION ON A TRIKE.
IT'S PAST 9PM, THERE AT THAT DIM LIGHTED TRIANGULAR ISLAND.
THERE BETWEEN ROADS.
THERE WAS ONLY I AND "MY" CROW BAR.

I FOUND A PERFECT SPOT, NEAR THE CORNER 
POINTING TO THE UPWARD ZIGZAG ROAD.
I STARTED DIGGING.
I DIG SO HARD, THAT I WAS AGAIN FORTUNATE
TO GET MYSELF A BRAND NEW CALLUS AT MY RIGHT PALM.
COOL. THE DEEPER I DIG AND
THE HARDER I GRIP ON THE STEEL ROD,
THE PAINFUL IT GOT.
ANOTHER TORTURE, OH YEAH, OH YEAH.

MY SILVER WATCH GLISTENED AS LIGHTS FROM THE VEHICLES PASSING "AROUND" TH E ISLAND FLASHED RIGHT ONTO ME.
I HAD DIFFICULTY "PLANTING" THE MARKER INTO THOSE TWO HOLES I MADE, AND MAKING IT STAND UPRIGHT.
I HAD TO LOOK FOR ROCKS WHICH I CAN INSERT INTO THOSE HOLES, SO THE WIND CANNOT PUSH THE MARKER DOWN. I BROKE ROCKS WITH MY STEEL ROD.
I HAD TO EXPERIENCE THE SHOCK FROM SEEING WORMS UNDER THE ROCKS I PICKED.
I HAD TO EXPERIENCE CONFUSION FROM IDENTIFYING WHETHER A GRAY THING IS ROCK OR ANIMAL POOP.

I ALSO HAD TO CALL MY BROTHER TO SEND ME WIRE 
SO I CAN CONNECT THE MARKER WITH THE POLES BESIDE IT.
I ALSO HAD TO STEP ON THE BASES TO MAKE THE SOIL AND ROCK INTACT.
I GOT MYSELF PRETTY MUCH SOIL IN MY HAND AND TOE NAILS.
I ALSO ENJOYED THE DUST RUSHING TOWARDS MY FACE AND EYES.
I ENJOYED THE DARKNESS, THE COLD NIGHT
AND MY COLD SWEAT.

FINALLY, I GAVE MYSELF A BOTTLE OF MT. DEW AND ONE STICK OF CIGARETTE.
I FELT VICTORIOUS AS I FELT THE MIXTURE OF SAND AND MOIST FROM THAT ICE COLD GLASS BOTTLE.

No comments: