Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

DIRTY ME, DIRTY WOOD

WOKE UP AT 3PM.
REMEMBERED THAT I HAVE TO GET SOMEONE 
WHO CAN DO WOODWORK OF THE FRAME 
FOR THE BACK TO BACK CLUB TARPS I STILL HAVE TO INSTALL 
FOR THE VISITORS TO SEE TOMORROW.
I IMMEDIATELY GOT UP AND WITHOUT TAKING A QUICK SHOWER AND 
WITHOUT EVEN BRUSHING MY TEETH, NO DRINKING, 
DINT EVEN WASH MY FACE,
QUICKLY PREPARED A SKETCH OF THE FRAME,
AND IN A JERSEY TOP, I WENT OUT ON MY BIKE.

I FELT SO UNCLEAN FOR ALL THAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT,
YET THE AFTERNOON BREEZE, WHICH OF COURSE WAS CAUSED BY MY BIKING SPEED, SEEMED TO BLEW OFF THE DIRT IN ME.
IN A MATTER OF SECONDS, I FELT ALIVE.

I REACHED THE WOODWORK SHOP, WHICH IS JUST 15 HOUSES (AT BOTH SIDES OF THAT NARROW STREET) FROM OUR HOUSE.
PHP900! FOR THAT 3 ft WIDTH AND 6 ft HEIGHT OF WOODWORK. DARN.
I HANDED HALF OF THE TOTAL PRICE AS DP TO THE DARK CRAFTSMAN.

I WENT TO THE OFFICE TO GET THE TARP AND ALSO BROUGHT IT TO THE WOODWORKER. WHEN I GOT HOME, I WASHED MYSELF THOROUGHLY.

HERE IN THE OFFICE, I DID ANOTHER TARP LAYOUT 
AND HAD IT PRINTED OUT. I PHONED THE PRINT SHOP OWNER 
TO KNOW IF HE CAN STILL ACCEPT MY "PRINT" ORDER 
'THOUGH THE SHOP WILL BE CLOSED AT 6PM. 
HE'S SO NICE TO ACCEPT THE PRINT JOB WITHOUT ADDITIONAL "RUSH" CHARGE.

WHEN I WAS IN THE PRINT SHOP, 
I HAD A PRETTY GOOD CONVERSATION WITH THE SHOP OWNER.
HE MENTIONED THAT THEY HAVE NEW COMPETITORS NOW. 
TWO PRINT SHOPS WITHIN OUR TOWN. 
I MENTIONED THAT ONE OF THE SHOPS CHARGES 
PHP10 PER SQUARE FOOT. 
HIS SHOP ON THE OTHER HAND CHARGES PHP20.00 PER SQ.FT. 
HE SAID THAT LOWERING THE PRICE OF THE TARP 
JUST TO GET CUSTOMERS IS TOO "DANGEROUS, 
PARANG SUMISISID KA SA KARAGATAN." 
WOW! WELL SAID.
I FELT ALIVE AGAIN, I SAID TO MYSELF I'LL BLOG ABOUT IT.
IT'S SO RARE TO HEAR SUCH IDIOMS 
FROM THE PERSON YOU'RE TALKING TOO.
YOU JUST OFTEN READ MOST OF THOSE EXPRESSIONS 
ON BOOKS, AND HEAR THEM ON MOVIES AND TV SHOWS.
 I ALSO BROUGHT THE TARP TO THE WOOD SHOP FOR IT WILL BE PLOTTED AT THE BACK OF THE FIRST TARP.

LATER AT AROUND 9PM I WILL BE INSTALLING THE WOOD FRAME IN ITS LOCATION. MAYBE I'LL GET SOMEONE TO ASSIST ME.

2 comments:

MOKS™ said...

Par, nice post about wood...
Thanks nga pala sa pagbisita at sa comment mo sa site ko...appreciated!

Care to follow you?!

DEMIGOD WINZTON said...

DUDE, THANKS.