Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

LITTLE PARADISE

THIS MORNING, I BRUSHED MY TEETH STANDING AT THE DOORWAY TO OUR BACKYARD.
I CAN'T REMEMBER WHEN I LAST LOOK AT IT.

I'M GLAD TO BE IN A HOUSE WITH A BACKYARD.
YUNG IBA KASI, WALANG LIKOD BAHAY ;) 

I USED TO WASH MY CLOTHES THERE, WHILE SOUNDTRIPPING.
GRANNY USED TO HAVE A COMPOSTING AREA JUST ACROSS THE DOOR.
WE ALSO HAD A KUBO THERE WHERE WE DO OUR PICNIC, INUMAN, AND SAMPAYAN WHEN IT'S RAINY. WE USED TO HAVE OUR OWN POSO THERE AND MOTOR WATER PUMP.
WE WOULD PUT THE RUBBER SWIMMING POOL THERE AND BATHE UNDER THE SUN. I ALSO REMEMBER, BACK IN THE EARLY 90s, THERE WAS A PIG PEN THERE AND THERE WERE TIMES I FED THE PIGS (YES, I HATED THE SMELL).

NOW, IT STILL SERVES AS THE LAUNDRY.
AND STORAGE AREA, TOO.
THERE WERE OLD, USED LUMBER, PET AND GLASS BOTTLES,
OLD LEATHER AND RUBBER SHOES AND SLIPPERS.
OLD ELECTRIC FAN AND SOME  "ELISIs". 
SOME BROKEN HOLLOW BLOCKS.

THERE ARE ANTHILLS, DRIED LEAVES,
SOME GRASS AT ONE SIDE.
AND DIFFERENT KINDS OF PLANTS.
THERE'S ONE AMPALAYA HANGING, COZ ITS PLANT INVADED THE SAMPAYAN. CUTE ;)
THERE'S ONE LITTLE PALM TREE.
I REMEMBER WE HAD ONE TALISAY TREE THERE.

AND THERE I SAW BIRDS OF PARADISE.
IT IS BEAUTIFUL. IT IS RELAXING.
REMINDING ME TO APPRECIATE HIS CREATION FROM TIME TO TIME.
SEEING IT IS HAPPINESS.
SEEING IT IS LOOKING AT GOD'S WORK.


3 comments:

Diamond R said...

i miss the birds of paradise. madami niyan sa amin

sweetmemories_21 said...

May shortcut kayo papuntang brgy8 diba? Yung likuran nyo ay kila atek.

DEMIGOD WINZTON said...

NOPE. KINA KAPITAN BENJIE ANG PROPERTY SA LIKOD NG BAHAY NAMIN. SA TABI NON ANG KINA ATEK :) HEHE. YUNG KAPITBAHAY NAMIN ANG MAY DAAN PAPUNTA SA BRGY 8 :)