Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

CREEPY WALL ON THE HILL

TUESDAY 1:30AM

IT'S MY FIRST TIME TO HAVE GONE TO A DEVELOPING COMMUNITY SOMEWHERE IN MUNTINLUPA. MY FRIENDS INVITED ME OVER TO THEIR NEW PLACE; IT'S JOYCE'S BIRTHDAY. I SHOULD HAVE REACHED THEIR SPOT THREE HOURS EARLIER, BUT I CHOSE TO JOIN MY OTHER FRIENDS FIRST IN A MOVIE-TOMA NIGHT, THEN I HEADED TO MUNTI.

TO REACH THEIR PLACE, ONE HAS TO PASS BY A VAST AREA OF HILLS. 
ON A CERTAIN PORTION, I NOTICED A HIGH MASSIVE CONCRETE WALL, 
STRETCHING INTO WHAT IT SEEMS LIKE A NEVER ENDING PERIMETER. 
THERE'S FOG. 
AND THERE'S NO LIFE ASIDE FROM ME, 
THE MOTORED VEHICLE AND ITS DRIVER. 
THERE WERE JUST FLYING INSECTS YOU'LL NOTICE 
WHERE THERE'S LIGHT.

THEN, IT HAPPENED. I FELT SO NERVOUS AS ARMED LADS, 
SOME ELEMENTARY CLASSMATES, 
AND SOME STRANGERS STARTED SPROUTING FROM THE HILLSIDE. 
THE DARK NIGHT TURNED INTO A SUNNY AFTERNOON, 
AS THE WIND BLEW A SCARF OFF SOMEONE'S NECK, 
LETTING IT FLY ONTO THE PLAINS. 
AND I SAW MYSELF AMONG THE LADS.

OUR CAPTAIN SHOUTED AT US, TELLING US TO GO INSIDE THE WALLED "CITY". 
IT'S DENSELY CROWDED INSIDE, YET IT'S STRANGE HOW I FELT THE COLD WIND RUSHING IN AND OUT OF THE HALLWAYS. 
I NEVER THOUGHT OF THE PLACE AS A PRISON, 
'CAUSE THERE WERE NO BARS IN EACH CELL. 
INSIDE WERE ARMED ADULTS AND LADS. ARMED LIKE ME. 

AT THE END OF THE HALLWAY, THERE WERE WORSHIPERS IN WHITE ROBES. 
I JUST KNEW THEY WERE WORSHIPPERS, THAT'S ALL.
SUDDENLY, I FOUND OURSELVES OUTSIDE THE WALLED CITY, 
LOITERING AT THE HILLSIDE, FEELING THE WIND AND THE VAST SKY; 
IT WAS AS IF WE WERE FEELING FREEDOM.

I FELT NERVOUS AGAIN AS THAT CURT VISION VANISHED. 
THERE I WAS, ALONE, INSIDE THE SIDECAR OF A MOTORED VEHICLE.
I REALIZED I JUST WITNESSED THE FLASHBACK OF THE DREAM 
WHICH I HAD MID PART OF 2010.  
I NOTICED THAT MY PHONE WAS FLASHING; 
SHE WAS CALLING ME. I ANSWERED HER CALL, 
SHE ASKED OF MY EXACT LOCATION. I TOLD HER I WAS ALMOST THERE. 

BECAUSE OF THE FOG, I WAS ACTUALLY CHILLING W/O MY JACKET.
IT'S MY FIRST TIME TO BE THERE.
I NEVER EVEN KNEW THE FACADE OF THE NEW BILIBID PRISON 
AND THE HILLS SURROUNDING IT. 

THE UNUSUAL FEAR THAT I FELT WAS OF COURSE, 
CAUSED BY THE THOUGHT OF BEING IN THAT PLACE, 
WHICH I JUST SAW IN MY DREAM. 
ONLY THERE IN MY DREAM, SEVERAL MONTHS AGO.
AND SEEING THE SITE YOURSELF IS SOMETHING CREEPY.

IT FELT LIKE A PREMONITION OF SOMETHING TRAGIC THAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO ME. SOMETHING MORE LIKE DEATH. HAHA. THAT FEAR ACTUALLY CAUSED ME TO TEXT MY EXACT LOCATION TO DUDE. 
IT WAS SO CREEPY I THOUGHT I MIGHT BUMP INTO TROUBLE ON THE ROAD

I SWORE TO MYSELF, IF I GET OUT OF THAT CREEPY PLACE, I WONT GO BACK THERE AGAIN. 

I REACHED THE SPOT, TOLD THEM OF WHAT HAPPENED, 
FORGOT ABOUT THE STRANGE ENCOUNTER,
AND HAD A REALLY REALLY GOOD TIME WIT THEM. HAHA.

5AM, ON MY WAY BACK, STILL THERE'S FOG. 
BUT THERE'S LIFE NOW.
THERE WERE PEOPLE CLEANING THEIR YARD, 
PUPILS WALKING THEIR WAY TO THE SCHOOL, 
 WOMEN CLEANING THEIR FRONT YARD, 
COMMUTERS AND OTHER VEHICLES ON THE ROAD.


6 comments:

Bino said...

im from muntinlupa hehehe. medyo creepy nga sa place na yan. pero di ko naexperience yung pagiging foggy eh kasi bihira naman ako'ng magpunta dun hehehehe

glentot said...

Last time I was in Baguio I encountered so much fog sa street level I literally can;t see anything a few meters from me... creepy rin.

emmanuelmateo said...

baka muntinlupa is such a foggy place hehe..Ingat po palage.

John Albert said...

katakot naman. ingat ka lgi.

Ar-Ar said...

Magawa nga rin nga ung MOVIE-TOMA night.. :))

DEMIGOD WINZTON said...

@BINO I ADVISE YOU GO THERE AT DAYTIME, DELIKADO SA GABI.
@GLENTOT OK.
@EMMAN BAKA IS COW.
@JOHN KATAKOWT-TAKOWT
@AR-AR TRY NATIN. toink.