Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

BREAKFAST TURNED CRAZY

ONE MORNING OF JULY, I HADN'T GOT ANY SLEEP YET, AND I NEVER NEEDED ANY SHOT OF CRAZINESS AT THAT HOUR OF THE DAY. BUT THERE'S THIS OLD WOMAN WHOM I BUMPED INTO WHO MADE ME SWEAR AT SIX A.M.

I WAS AT MCDO, SITTING ALONE, WHEN SHE APPROACHED ME. SHE WAS WITH A YOUNGER LADY, WHOM I SUPPOSED WAS HER DAUGHTER. THE OLD WOMAN (WITH WRINKLES AND MAKE UP) ASKED ME IF THEY COULD SHARE THE SEAT WITH ME, AS ALL OTHER SEATS WERE OCCUPIED THEN, AND THE OTHER DINING SECTION WAS NOT OPENED YET.

I TOLD THEM I CAN LEAVE AND JUST LET THEM SIT DOWN, FOR I WAS PLANNING TO DO IT AN HOUR EARLIER. I WAS REALLY WAITING FOR SOMEONE THEN :)
BUT THE WOMAN INSISTED THAT I STAY,  AS I WAS THE FIRST TO GET THE SEAT. SHOULD I CHOOSE TO LEAVE, THEY WOULD LEAVE ALSO. I WAS THINKIN OF GOING OUT, BECAUSE I DIDNT NEED THAT AWKWARD CONVERSATION AT THE BEGINNING OF MY DAY, BUT OTHER PEOPLE MIGHT NOTICE AND I MIGHT APPEAR SO RUDE TO THE OLD WOMAN. SO I FACED MY PHONE AND KEPT SILENT. SHE APPEARED TO KNOW WHAT SHE WAS SAYING FAST.

THE OLD WOMAN EVEN TOLD ME TO SPEAK WITH HER COMPANION. THEN, SHE HEADED TO THE COUNTER AND LEFT HER DAUGHTER AT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TABLE. I NEVER SPOKE TO HER. TT WILL NOT HARM ME IF I STAY WHILE WAITING, AND WHILE THE WOMEN HAD THEIR BREAKFAST.

SEVERAL MINUTES HAD PASSED, THE OLD WOMAN RETURNED. SHE PUT THE FOOD ON THE TABLE, AND HANDED THE YOUNGER LADY A ROLL OF NEWSPAPER, AND TOLD HER TO GET UP, READ AND SEAT SOMEWHERE ELSE. THE OLD WOMAN NEVER BOUGHT FOOD FOR HER COMPANION, WHOM I LEARNED TO BE HER PERSONAL ASSISTANT. THE OLD WOMAN SAT, AND SEEMED TO ENJOY EATING ALONE.

AT THAT MOMENT, I HAD THIS DRIFT:
I THINK THE OLD WOMAN HAS NO WISDOM. SHE GREW OLD AND WICKED.
SHE HAS BEEN DOING IT EVERY MORNING FOR YEARS, LETTING OTHER PEOPLE WITNESS HER SHAMEFUL ACT OF BRINGING AN ASSISTANT WIT HER, NOT BUYING FOR HER EVEN THE CHEAPEST ITEM THE STORE OFFERS, TELLING HER TO GET OUT OF HER SIGHT WHILE SHE EATS. SHE ENJOYS THE SHOW SHE PUTS ON.

I REALLY TRIED STEALING A SNAPSHOT OF HER, BUT SHE ALSO SEEMED SUCH A SMART ASS. I MIGHT END UP IN TROUBLE. LOL!

I LEFT HER AT THE TABLE, GOT MYSELF FOOD AND CHOOSE A SEAT FAR FROM HER.
I WISHED THE HAPPY MEAL HEALS THE WOMAN OF HER GRAVE ILLNESS :/
Use  of this photo does not mean to associate the encounter with the woman in this pic.

2 comments:

jonathan said...

The story of this woman is disturbing to me. Why would she insist on sitting with you, then shooing her companion and feel good eating by herself without sharing?

Everytime I am approached by a stranger wherever I go, I look at him or her, say nothing, and walk away. I was at Binondo Church saying my prayers when a man sat beside me and asked for change. I stood up and walked away.

I am baffled by people's actions maybe because I expect proper demeanour from everyone in a public space: respect, distance and goodwill.

DEMIGOD WINZTON said...

YES, AND I'M CERTAIN THE OLD WOMAN HERSELF IS MENTALLY DISTURBED :)

A PERSON WHO IS ALONE TENDS TO GET FRIGHTENED BY STRANGERS WHO SUDDENLY COME UP, TELL HIM THINGS AND DO ODD THINGS.

IN PUBLIC SERVICE WE MAY CALL THEM CLIENTS, BUT WHEN I'M OFF DUTY AND A STRANGER APPEARS, I GET STIFF AND ALARMED :)