Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

I'M KEEPING MY BLOG!

FOUR MONTHS HAD PASSED SINCE I LAST POSTED A BLOG ENTRY.
BUT I NEVER THOUGHT OF MAKING A "MEMA" POST (MEH MA-POST LANG) 
JUST TO HAVE SOMETHING TO PUT IN HERE. 

I ALSO HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY. 
I ALSO HAVE SO MUCH TO WRITE ABOUT, 
I, TOO, HAVE SOME REACTIONS ON NATIONAL ISSUES 
WHICH I THINK WERE ALL BLOGGABLE.
BUT I KNOW, NO ONE NEEDS MY INSIGHTS ON THEM.
AND IT WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.
I MAY HAVE NOT BLOGGED ABOUT MY COMMENTS, 
BUT I HAVE DISCUSSED MY THOUGHTS WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

I KNOW WORDS CAN FLATTER AND OFFEND.
A BLOGGER MAY EARN REACTIONS FROM PEOPLE WHO READ YOUR BLOG. 
OTHERS MAY GET OFFENDED BY WHERE YOU STAND.
OTHERS MAY APPLAUD YOU.
I AM AWARE OF THE POWER OF WORDS, THE POWER OF THE INTERNET,
AND THE POWER OF A SINGLE BLOG ENTRY.

IT'S NOT COWARDICE. IT'S NOT MERE ABSTINENCE.
IT'S JUST NOT ADDING TO THE EXISTENT AND PERSISTENT TURMOIL ONLINE, 
IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED, THE TREND OF ONLINE REACTIONS 
(THE PULSE OF THE NETIZENS)
IS JUST BEING USED BY SOME MEDIA PEOPLE TO CREATE THOSE NEWS
WHICH THEY THINK WOULD DRAW MORE AUDIENCE. 
SOME MEDIA PEOPLE ARE AFTER HIGH TV RATINGS. 

THROUGHOUT THE YEARS, THE GOVERNMENT HAS EXPOSED ITSELF TO THE NATION THRU MEDIA. FILIPINOS HAVE LEARNED TO ANTICIPATE THE APPROACH OF ITS OWN GOVERNMENT ON NATIONAL ISSUES, AND SOME WOULD EAGERLY POST THEIR ANTICIPATION ON AIR OR ONLINE. A MISUNDERSTANDING OF A CONCEPT CAN EASILY SPREAD AND WOULD CREATE A LARGER MISUNDERSTANDING. 

ONE CAN EASILY TERRORIZE HIS ENEMY THROUGH MEDIA. AND THE MAD PART IS, SOME MEDIA MEN WOULD NOT CARE TO VERIFY A FACT, FOR THE BENEFIT OF PERSONS CONCERNED. YOU SEE, IT'S ALWAYS "THE PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS!", "I SHOULD POST ABOUT THIS!", "NO ONE CARES WHAT I WRITE ABOUT, IT'S MY OPINION!", "WHATEVER MY STATE OF MIND BE, I SHOULD LET MY FOLLOWERS KNOW IT!"

THE SCOPE OF NEWS IS BROADER NOW, AS IT NOW INCLUDES THE CURRENT EVENTS ONLINE. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED REAL TIME. IT SHOULD NEVER BE DISREGARDED. IT'S ALSO PART OF CURRENT EVENTS AND  A QUALIFIED CANDIDATE FOR RECORDED HISTORY. THUS, THE NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS DEPARTMENTS OF BROADCASTING NETWORKS NEVER FAIL TO CHECK THE INTERNET FOR NEWS-ABLE STUFF MORE OFTEN THAN THE VERIFICATION PROCESS WOULD TAKE THEM.

THE ANTICIPATION OF THE MEDIA, THE PRO-POOR, PRO-MASS MENTALITY OF SOME MEDIA MEN, THE TOO-LAZY-TO-VERIFY HABIT OF THEM, ONLY TEND TO CREATE MORE PEOPLE HATING THE GOVERNMENT, MORE PEOPLE HATING PEOPLE. MORE PEOPLE CRASHING OTHERS ONLINE. TRY TO GET BTH SIDES OF THE STORIES, AND DO NOT SENSATIONALIZE STORIES. WE SHOULD PUT IN MIND THAT THE MEDIA HAS THE POWER TO BUILD OR MAR A NATION, GLORIFY OR DESTROY A PERSON, AND CAUSE PEACE OR CREATE CONFUSION AMONG PEOPLE.
SO THE PEOPLE WORKING IN IT, SHOULD BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR EVERY THING THEY PUT ON AIR OR ONLINE. AND BE PRO-ACTIVE ENOUGH TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE THROUGH RESPONSIBLE NEWSCASTING, OR COMMENTARIES.

WITH MOST OF THE PEOPLE PRACTICING ONLINE THEIR RIGHT OF EXPRESSION ON POLITICAL ISSUES, MY 4-MONTH SILENCE WOULD MEAN THINKING FIRST AND THINKING WELL BEFORE POSTING.
OR MAYBE I WAS JUST TOO BUSY TO WRITE. I'M BACK!

WITH ALL THE GOOD THINGS BROUGHT ABOUT BY THE FLOURISHING OF MEDIA, LET'S ALL BE VIGILANT AGAINST THE THREAT OF CREATING THE OPPOSITE VALUE OF IT FOR OUR NATION.




4 comments:

Senyor Iskwater said...

thinking well before posting... I'll do that too... hehehe

hmmnnn... we need you here sa world of blogging...

may sustansya mga posts mo eh... rare na kaya 'yan lately...

sulat lang ng sulat... sana next time, hindi na all caps lahat... pero trademark mo naman un eh so oks lang...

jonathan said...

It is normal for people to voice their views what with all the media available to us. Whether malicious or not, what we write should be something we can defend next time. Voicing our opinion is good but much better if we voice the opinions of the majority to seek for change, not trouble.

Noel Ablon said...

Sometimes I feel that it's a waste to comment on things, specially when the topic is political things coz I know some may like it while some will not. But in the end, I know we all want a good and strong government we can rely on even if the approach in achieving it is different from others.

Masarap lang talaga makipag-debate kung minsan, pero since mapagpakumbaba ako - madalas sila ang panalo hehe!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

DEMIGOD WINZTON said...

@SENYOR_ISKWATER SALAMAT! PERO "MAY SUSTANSYA" HA :)

@JONATHAN YES, EXPRESS YOURSELF TO AIM CHANGE FOR THE BETTER, NOT JUST YILEDING MORE TROUBLE SEEKING POSTS AND NEWS!

@NOEL_ABLON I'S NOT REALLY A WASTE OF TIME. VOICING OUT YOUR VIEWS MAY BE OF HELP TO OTHERS. BUT IF WRITING IS YOUR PASSION, YOU SHOULD NOT LET OTHER WORRIES BOTHER YOU :)